BRIMBANK NORTH WEST
Home » News » Knights part ways with coach

Knights part ways with coach

Melbourne Knights tough National Premier League season has claimed another scalp, with the club announcing another coaching change.

The Knights announced on Tuesday that John Markovski wouldn’t coach out the last three games of the season.

“Melbourne Knights FC has officially parted ways with Senior Men’s NPL Head Coach John Markovski and his assistant Sean Vah,” the club said on social media.

“We extend our sincere thanks to John and Sean for their contribution to the club and the dedication they’ve shown during their time with us.

“We wish them all the very best in their future endeavours, both on and off the pitch.”

Markovski took on the coaching role after club legend Ivan Franjic stood down from the role he took on full time this season.

Markovski, who played in a championship at the Knights, said at the time he wanted to help the club return to where it belongs.

The club had three wins and 11 losses when he took over after round 14.

Since then they have added just one more win to the tally, along with three draws.

Knights sit bottom of the table with just 14 points and are on the brink of relegation with three rounds remaining.

The Knights are due to face Hume City on Friday night.

As well as on field troubles, the club had to appoint a new committee after the sudden resignation of the previous committee.

In a release at the time, the new committee acknowledged that the club’s financial position had presented challenges.

“We’re committed to working with you to build a stronger, more vibrant club for everyone,” the new committee said in June.

“We believe that effective leadership is built on a foundation of strategic focus, strong financial governance, open dialogue, a commitment to actively listening to our members and supporters and embrace a culture of transparency, trust and accountability.

Digital Editions


  • Ambulance response times up

    Ambulance response times up

    Ambulance response times in Brimbank increased slightly during the last quarter, according to the latest data released by Ambulance Victoria (AV). In the October to…

More News

  • Aussie kids salt risk

    Aussie kids salt risk

    Research from Deakin University has suggested most Australian children are at risk of developing high blood pressure at a younger age due to eating too much salt. In a new…

  • Finalists announced for AFL community venue award

    Finalists announced for AFL community venue award

    The 2025 finalists have been announced for the AFL’s Ken Gannon Football Facilities Award, recognising the projects that set the benchmark in best-practice design and development to help the continued…

  • New toolkit to help women report abuse in sport

    New toolkit to help women report abuse in sport

    Australian women face significant risk when disclosing gender-based violence in sport and quite often receive inadequate or harmful responses according to new research from La Trobe Univeristy. The research project,…

  • Celebrity alcohol ads slip into teens’ Insta feeds

    Celebrity alcohol ads slip into teens’ Insta feeds

    Celebrities are promoting their own alcohol products on Instagram without a clear disclosure of advertising content and almost all posts are visible to underage users, according to new research from…

  • Multicultural health committee expanded

    Multicultural health committee expanded

    Victoria’s Multicultural Health Advisory Committee has been expanded in an effort to make the state’s health system more inclusive and increasingly diverse. Health Minister Mary-Anne Thomas unveiled the strengthened and…

  • Residents encouraged to mind water usage

    Residents encouraged to mind water usage

    Residents across Melbourne’s north and west are being called upon to reduce their water consumption as state storage levels fall to 61% of capacity. This current level marks a decrease…

  • Additional health test for newborns

    Additional health test for newborns

    Victoria has become the first Australian jurisdiction to include sickle cell disease in its universal newborn health screening program. This expansion brings the total number of rare but serious conditions…

  • More than four walls

    More than four walls

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 530350 For people who are socially isolated, culturally diverse or part of the LGBTQIA+ community, finding a space where you feel safe and welcomed…

  • Johns’ new challenge

    Johns’ new challenge

    One door closed and another opened for new Keilor Thunder signing Matt Johns. Johns, who had been playing in Queensland, was set to play basketball overseas late last year. When…

  • Forum supports women living with epilepsy across all life stages

    Forum supports women living with epilepsy across all life stages

    Epilepsy Action Australia and Australian Women with Epilepsy are inviting women across the country to take part in a powerful one-day forum designed to uplift, inform and support women living…